Locum Occupational Health Nurse Band 6 - Catterick
Military Medical Personnel
Locum Occupational Health Nurse - Band 6
Registered Nurse (specialist public health nurse (occupational health) for regional occupational health team or regional occupational medicine department (roht & romd)
Ministry of Defence - Catterick
Hours required: 37.0 (Monday - Friday)
Contract length: Ongoing
A locum is required to implement, maintain and participate in health surveillance programmes in accordance with Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) and other relevant Health and Safety regulations as required. To undertake clinical procedures such as Spirometer, Audiometry, Visual Acuity testing, Blood Pressure monitoring and routine urinalysis.
To assist with fitness for work assessments in accordance with Nursing and Midwifery Council Code of Professional Conduct and Scope of Practice guidelines.
To provide information, advice and assistance regarding Medical Force Protection programmes.
To collect and record Occupational Health data.
To assist with the identification of trends in sickness and absence, and contribute to the generation of reports. To assist with the conduct of the full range of pre-employment health screening and assessment of fitness to work as required. If acting as the Lead Nurse, be responsible for the line management and clinical supervision of other Practice Nurses where appropriate and ensure untrained personnel within the treatment area work within their scope of practice.
Essential requirements / Qualifications / Experience :
* Must be Registered Nurse (A) Level 1 with Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and not be subject to any restrictions in practice.
* Must hold a BSc in Occupational Health Nursing.
* Must be listed on Part 13 of NMC Register.
* Must have a full driving licence valid in the UK.
* Must hold current, valid personal medical indemnity insurance.
* Must hold in date Automated External Defibrillator (AED), Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) and Safeguarding Level 3 certificates.
If you are interested in hearing more about this vacancy then please APPLY TODAY by simply clicking the "Apply Now" button below and we will contact you immediately.
Military Medical Personnel specialises in recruiting healthcare professionals for Army, Navy & RAF bases throughout the UK & overseas.