Occupational Therapist - Mental Health and Brain Injury
A leading care provider is seeking to appoint an Occupational Therapist to join one of their specialist Hospitals in Cheshire. This role offer the opportunity to work in a stunning setting and work with a great team who provide support to individuals with Mental Health and ABI.
You will join the team in providing Occupational Therapy interventions whilst applying an evidence based, flexible and client-centered approach working within the MDT to meet the health and social care needs of clients referred to the company.
The main duties include:
• To represent OT as a specialist practitioner within mental health providing clear, evidence based knowledge and information.
• To manage a caseload of clients with complex health and social needs, using evidence based principles to plan and implement effective assessments, interventions and treatment programmes.
• To undertake comprehensive and timely assessments of clients
• To maintain and demonstrate up to date knowledge and skills relevant to the field of practice.
• To take responsibility for ongoing personal and professional development.
Key skills required include:
• You will need to be a qualified, HCPC registered, Occupational Therapist.
• Ideally experience of working in a mental health and challenging behaviours
• Adaptable and creative to meet their needs, and have the skills and ability to work with people that may be difficult to engage and with challenging behaviour patterns.
• Some knowledge of Sensory Integration would be beneficial however, this can be supported if required
• A proven track record of in staff supervision & team management.
If you are interested in hearing more about this vacancy then please APPLY TODAY by simply clicking the "Apply Now" button below and we will contact you immediately
"As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month."