Healthcare Assistant - Nursing Home
Jupiter Recruitment Corporations Ltd
Healthcare Assistant for Nursing Home
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Healthcare Assistant to join a beautiful Nursing Home located in Bridgnorth, Shropshire.
The home specialises in providing high quality Nursing and Dementia care for the elderly within a quiet area with landscaped gardens.
If you are successful for this role, you will receive a competitive salary of £10.00 per hour with great additional benefits.
As a Healthcare Assistant your duties will be to:
• Provide personal support for the residents to positively influence their lives and optimise their independence
• Ensure their care plans are person-centred and delivered
• Liaise with their close and extended families and build a lasting relationship with them
• Care for the environment that the residents reside within; serving meals and beverages, support them during meal times, washing and maintenance of personal hygiene and dressing
• Assist, under supervision, the administration of medication
• May be required to undertake domestic duties such as; laundry, ironing, food preparation, table laying or cleaning, hovering floors.
• Helping maintain accurate records
• Getting involved in welcoming and training new staff
• Promoting the residents’ independence, choice and dignity by delivering the highest level of standards of care
You will need the following skills and experience:
• Experience within a care environment
• Have or working towards an NVQ level 3 Qualification in Health and Social Care
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• The ability to work well as part of a team as well as individually
• Have an adaptive and flexible attitude to cover a range of responsibilities at short notice
To be considered for this role you must have experience within a care environment and have NVQ level 2 or be working towards a NVQ level 3 Qualification in Health and Social care.
Reference ID: 2732
For more information please call Emma Cooper on 0121 638 0567 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org