Support Coordinator - Learning Disabilities
An exciting new opportunity has arisen with a national care provider to assist the Team Leader and Registered Manager as the Support Coordinator in the Birmingham area. The service supports individuals with a learning disability, autism and complex needs within a supported living and outreach care setting.
The Support Coordinator role is to provide outcome focused support which enables service users to lead fulfilling and valued lives, maintain their tenancies, participate in their local community, develop independent living skills and achieve their personal goals and desired outcomes.
You will work as part of the senior team across the site to ensure well-coordinated service provision. You will lead, coordinate and supervise a team of support workers in one of the properties to achieve the highest standards of practice, customer care and positive outcomes. In addition, you will be expected to carry out direct support with service users, work professionally alongside the multi-disciplinary team and work closely win liaison with families and carers.
• Salary: £17,456 - £20,431 dependant on experience.
• 37.5 hours per week including weekends, nights, evenings and public holidays according to the needs of the service.
The post holder will be required to participate in an on-call rota for which an allowance will be paid.
Key skills and Competencies:
• MUST have worked in a management capacity before : as a Care Coordinator/Senior Support Worker or Team Leader role
• At least two years' experience of supporting people within a learning disability and/or people on the autistic spectrum
• NVQ 3/4 or Health and Social Care Level 4 equivalent or higher professional qualification
• Experience of coordinating rotas
• Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise & manage a busy workload (which will including direct support, supervision & management of staff and joint work with partner agencies)
• Willingness to work flexible hours according to the needs of the project. This will include evening and weekend working as required.
If you are interested in hearing more about this vacancy then please APPLY TODAY by simply clicking the "Apply Now" button below and we will contact you immediately
"As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month."