Consultant Psychologist - Learning Disability
Consultant Psychologist required in Dundee
I am currently working on behalf of an excellent Healthcare organisation that is seeking to appoint a Consultant Psychologist to join their existing staff team for a specialist service in Dundee.
The services primarily supports adults living with a learning disability, Autism, Mental Health and Complex needs.
The Consultant Clinical Psychologist will ensure the systematic provision of a high quality psychological service to the units. They will work autonomously within professional guidelines and exercise responsibility for the systematic governance of psychological practice within the service/team. A major requirement of the job is to act as a highly specialist resource to the wider professional community and to carry out audit, policy and service development and research activities and/or programs.
The key skills and experience required include:
• Post-graduate doctoral level training in Clinical Psychology as recognised by the BPS
• Assessed experience of working as a qualified Clinical Psychologist, normally within services for people with learning disabilities and or Mental Health
• Highly developed knowledge of the theory and practice of specialised psychological therapies in specifically difficult to treat groups
• Knowledge of legislation and its implication for both clinical practice and professional management in relation to the client group and mental health
• Strong interpersonal qualities of teamwork and communication are essential as is evidence of a commitment to training and professional development.
If you are interested in hearing more about this vacancy then please APPLY TODAY by simply clicking the "Apply Now" button below and we will contact you immediately.
'As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.