Occupational Health Nurse Band 6 - HMS Drake
Military Medical Personnel
OVERALL JOB DESCRIPTION- SERVICE REQUIREMENTS
1. To implement, maintain and participate in health surveillance programmes in accordance with Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) and other relevant Health and Safety regulations as required.
2. To undertake clinical procedures such as Spirometer, Audiometry, Visual Acuity testing, Blood Pressure monitoring and routine urinalysis.
3. To assist with workplace assessments in order to determine appropriate employment within the Joint Medical Employment Standard (JMES).
4. To provide information, advice and assistance regarding Medical Force Protection programmes.
5. To collect and record Occupational Health data.
6. To assist with the identification of trends in sickness and absence, and contribute to the generation of reports.
7. To assist with the conduct of the full range of pre-employment health screening and assessment of fitness to work as required.
8. If acting as the Lead Nurse, be responsible for the line management and clinical supervision of other Practice Nurses where appropriate and ensure untrained personnel within the treatment area work within their scope of practice.
9. To undertake/remain in date for all mandatory training as set out in the most current DPHC Guidance Note entitled Mandatory Training for Locums, Agency Staff and single Service personnel working within DPHC.
B. STANDARDS TO WHICH A REGISTERED NURSE MUST COMPLY WHEN PROVIDING THE SERVICE
10. To comply with the Professional standards set out by the Nursing and Midwifery Council Code.
11. To comply with Joint Service Publication (JSP) 950 Medical Policy.
C. ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
12. Must be Registered Nurse (A) Level 1 with Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and not be subject to any restrictions in practice.
13. Must hold either a Diploma in Occupational Health Nursing or a BSc in Specialist community Public Health Nursing with registration on part 3 of the NMC register.
14. Must have a full driving licence valid in the UK.
15. Must hold current, valid personal medical indemnity insurance.
16. Must hold in date Basic Life Support (BLS), Anaphylaxis, Automated External Defibrillator (AED), Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) and Safeguarding children and young people Level 2 certificates.
D. DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
17. Experience in undertaking work place assessments and functional capacity assessments.
18. Experience in delivering the full remit of Health Surveillance, in particular Hand-Arm Vibration, Spirometry, Audiometry, Visual Acuity testing, Blood Pressure monitoring and routine urinalysis.
19. Previous Ministry of Defence (MOD) experience.
20. Level 2 Safeguarding Adults.
If you are interested in hearing more about this vacancy then please APPLY TODAY by simply clicking the "Apply Now" button below and we will contact you immediately.