Registered Manager - Children's Residential
Are you a Registered Manager working in a residential environment with children? or a Deputy Manager looking to progress your career to a Manager?
Would you like to join our committed and developing team located in Goole ?
We are looking to recruit an experienced Registered Manager to work in a newly re-purposed home in Goole. This is an ideal opportunity for you to come in at the start of this new project
Salary: £36,000 - £38,000
Do you have the empathy, compassion, resilience and positive parenting skills required to help support young people to live independent lives?
You will be joining a strong, supportive team in helping young people who have experienced behavioural, emotional and social difficulties up to 18 years of age.
The home is located within a semi-rural setting on the outskirts of Goole. The location of the home is ideal for accessing a huge range of activities and amenities such as local parks, clubs, library and youth club. Goole has a train station that provides excellent links to other towns and cities around the country. Road links are afforded predominantly by motorway (M62) which is approximately a 10 minute drive away.
Duties & Responsibilities
To meet the needs of children through:
• Ensuring that each young person has a plan which reflects his / her care, education, social, emotional, cultural, therapeutic and health needs and that this plan is regularly reviewed.
• Allocating a Key Worker for each young person with the principal responsibility of implementing the childcare plan.
• Establishing and monitoring high quality standards of care in line with the Quality Standards and the Home’s Statement of Purpose and developing quality assurance measures to ensure these standards are maintained.
• Developing systems in which young people are consulted about the quality of care they receive.
• Taking responsibility for progressing any complaints or child protection concerns
• Working in partnership with parents, carers and other professionals to safeguard and promote the welfare of young people
• Attending and contributing to child care planning and review meetings as appropriate
To develop a confident and competent staff team through:
• Recruitment and retention of staff
• Developing a management style which balances the need to exercise control and give direction with the need to offer staff the opportunity to contribute to decision making.
• All new members of staff receive a formal induction to the Home in line with company policy.
• Each member of staff has a supervision contract and receives supervision in line with the Quality Standards
• Ensuring that each member of staff has a personal development plan through the stAppraisal Programme.
• Establishing a programme of senior staff and team meetings to facilitate communication and provide opportunities for consultation and staff development.
• Attending to issues of staff motivation and morale
• Addressing issues in relation to conduct and competence of staff.
• Ensuring adherence to company policy in relation to probationary periods.
• Promoting personal and professional development through the appropriate delegation of duties and responsibilities.
To develop systems which ensure the effective allocation of resources through:
• Ensuring adequate staffing levels that meet the needs of the Home
• Ensuring that budgets are managed effectively and the use of finances is properly monitored.
• Ensuring that company vehicles are clean and regularly maintained
• Monitoring closely the fabric of the building (including fixtures, amenities and grounds) and taking remedial action where necessary.
Promote the efficient and effective operation of the Home through:
• Developing in consultation with young people and staff routines in relation to all aspects of child care.
• Clarifying expectations in relation to maintaining the Home in a clean and orderly condition.
• Creating rotas which fit best with children’s needs
• Ensuring that there are appropriate and adequate reporting and recording system in place to comply with current policy and regulations
• Attending to all administration issues in relation to the Home and the provision of weekly management information reports for HQ.
40 hours a week predominantly Monday to Friday
(Although flexibility is required as occasionally evening, night and weekend shifts may need to be covered, but the is on rare occasions)
You will need the following skills/qualifications:
• A strong background in Children’s Residential Management
• At least 2 years’ experience in Children’s Residential Care at Management level
• Excellent communication skills and a good team player
• Strong determination to succeed
• Effective leadership and Management
• A willingness to learn
• A Level 5 Management, or willingness to work towards
Requirements for DBS and reference checking will be undertaken in line with government regulations and safer recruitment best practice.
Whilst we endeavour to keep the recruitment process as short as possible due to the nature of these important checks it may extend the processing time.“
Who are we?
We are the Cambian group, the largest independent provider of care and education for children and young people. We believe that everyone has a personal best, for those we care for and those who care for them. You’ll find that you’re part of a close, supportive team, all focused on achieving the best outcome for everyone. The better we work together, the more we can help the people we care for achieve their personal best too. Whether that’s in terms of, helping someone to achieve their personal potential or growing our reputation as the best provider of quality behavioural health services in the UK. We already have 27 Ofsted ‘Outstanding Provider’ Awards, join us and together we can achieve more.
If you are interested in hearing more about this vacancy then please APPLY TODAY by simply clicking the "Apply Now" button below and we will contact you with further details.