Occupational Therapist - Mental Health Hospital
Jupiter Recruitment Corporations Ltd
We are currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Occupational Therapist to work for an independent mental health hospital in Newbury, Berkshire.
The hospital brings together a unique approach to the delivery of care where the patient is embedded in the heart of all aspects of hospital life. They require care in conditions of medium and low security and also have a Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). They offer long-term treatment and rehabilitation to men with enduring mental disorders and forensic histories, and who present with multiple problems, challenging behaviour, high risk behaviour and complex needs.
Annual Salary: £23,000-£24,000
Hours per week: 37.5
Our Occupational Therapist role involves:
• Undertaking OT assessments, interventions and evaluations for a designated caseload
• Facilitating a flexible programme of OT groups and individual interventions as part of our tiered integrated group programme.
• Supervising STaR workers who work in your ward.
• Taking some administrative responsibilities.
To be successful as an Occupational Therapist, you’ll need:
• Good personal organisational skills and accomplishment to lifelong learning.
• Current HPC registration with evidence of Continuing Professional Development.
This role is working between Monday – Friday. You may occasionally be expected to work long days to accommodate evening groups within the hospital.
In addition to the salary, we offer a structured induction programme, regular supervision, excellent working conditions and a range of benefits including training opportunities, subsidised meals, career development and Childcare vouchers.
About our benefits:
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits:
• 25 days annual leave pro rota (at commencement of employment)
• A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
• Continuous learning and development
• Career development
If you are interested in hearing more about this vacancy then please APPLY TODAY by simply clicking the "Apply Now" button below and we will contact you or alternatively please call Emma Cooper on 0121 638 0567 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org